“IAIM Certified” Infant Massage 5 weeks classes for parents.
Join our next class starting on May 3rd, 2020.
LOCATION: Room 305, 8135 102 Street NW, Edmonton, AB, T6E 4A4. In the Roots on Whyte (Community Building).
TIME: 2pm -3pm. DATES: Sunday May 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, and including our SPECIAL class for parents on Sunday May 31st at 2pm -3pm. The course includes the IAIM Infant Massage booklet plus a selection of organic body oils to use. We ask parents to bring a towel and a changing mat for their infant.
COST: $150 +GST
TO REGISTER EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org Space is limited.
The healing touch of parent’s hands can be the perfect solution to help soothe a crying baby.
Learn fun ways to massage your own Infant. Massage provides a loving connection and communication between a parent and their infant. Each IAIM class includes coaching and demonstrations so parents can learn simple massage strokes to apply to their infant. IAIM infant massage movements and strokes are rooted from traditional indian massage, swedish massage, reflexology and yoga.
Why is the course 5 weeks? Research on touch with infants, proves that early exposure to massage over a period of time can develop a continuous positive connection for learning and build social-emotional connections for life. These five week sessions help infants integrate massage into their daily rhythm and provides parents the time to learn the various IAIM massage strokes.
In these classes you will Learn:
- How to safely massage your infant.
- Spend quality one-on-one time connecting together.
- Build confidence in handling your infant.
- When it is a good time to massage your sweet little one.
- Understanding and interpreting your infant’s cues and cries.
- Communication tips that builds love and respect.
- Nurturing touch with your infant through various strokes.
- Have FUN together!
The benefits your infant will gain :
- Improved bonding and attachment through skin to skin contact.
- Feeling heard, loved and acknowledged, and therefore building their self-esteem.
- Relaxed and deep sleep after their massage.
- Relief from colic, gas, and constipation.
- Relief from teething and congestion.
- Increased body awareness and coordination.
- Increased cognitive awareness.
- Improved circulation.
- Improved sensory awareness.
“Newborn development, especially in the first few months, is heavily shaped by touch and sound, as the visual system is still very immature. Touch is a way for infants to learn about their surroundings and an early way to communicate with parents” – IAIM iaim.net/canada
“International Association of Infant Massage promotes nurturing touch and communication through training, education and research so that parents, caregivers and children are loved, valued and respected throughout the world community. IAIM classes refrain from offering any medical advice to parents”.