Starting Sunday April 7th 10:00am – 12:00pm. Taught by; Jessica Malacarne, RNMP, RPYT, CLD, LOCATION: Lucina Centre, 9505 163 Street NW, Edmonton, AB T5P 3M6.
Pregnancy is a unique and precious time in life, which soon passes! Life’s internal and external factors influences the mother-to-be and this new life within. A mother needs a loving environment to nurture her body-mind, emotions and her spiritual process. Yoga and Ayurveda are natural approaches to wellbeing and supports a healthy lifestyle.
Our Prenatal Wellness Program Includes Birthing Flower techniques with wholistic approaches to body-mind breathing methods, gentle movement, meditation, and relaxation to help you the mother-to-be prepare for childbirth and adjust to life with your newborn. Each week incorporates a topic to nurture your journey into motherhood.
- Please consult with your Midwife or Obstetrician before starting physical activity during pregnancy, and before attending the Birthing Flower Prenatal Wellness Program.
- This Program is designed for the First, Second and Third trimester during pregnancy, these practice are gentle on the body.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to class.
- It is recommended not to eat one hour before class.
- What to Wear? comfortable clothing, cotton is ideal, your skin should breath!
- What to Bring? your own yoga mat and blanket
Weekly Topics To Nurture Your Journey Into Motherhood
- April 7th Rhythmic Art of Breathing
- May 5th Ayurvedic Nutrition Tips for Pregnancy
- June 2nd Dynamic Dance for Birth
- July 7th Birth Ball Baby
- August 4th Self Ayurvedic Massage for Pregnancy Care
Yogic and Ayurvedic Applications Applied During Pregnancy Nurtures;
- Physical Activity Into Daily Routine.
- Breathing Quality During Birth Contractions
- Stability, Flexibility, and Relaxes of the Whole Spine
- Posture and Body Awareness
- Stamina to be Ready for Childbirth
- Digestion and Food Absorption
- Healthy Weight Management
- Clarity of the Mind and Supports a Good Night’s Sleep
- The Metabolic System Function to Help Remove Toxemia From the Body
- Circulation of the Lymphatic System to Help Support Lactation.
- The Mother’s Physical, Mental and Emotional wellbeing.
- Stability and Flexibility in the Hips, and the Joints to Manage the Intensity of Childbirth
- Stability of the Uterus to Help Maintain Proper Position During Pregnancy
- Balances the Nervous System
- Stability of the Pelvic Muscles to Help Improve a Health Postnatal Recovery
- The Relationship Between the Mother and the New Life Inside and Outside the Womb
- Positive Relationships with Other Expecting Mothers-to-be
To Register Please Complete This Contact Page!